I did my TJ’s run today, and this delightful dinner resulted.
TJ’s Fajitas! Topped off with a Trader Jose’s Light Cerveza.
To answer your question, yes… it tasted as good as it looked. I didn’t officially start the TJ’s challenge today, because tomorrow I have some other culinary destinations on the calendar tomorrow (Legend’s for lunch to welcome our new interns, and then chez Barracks for dinner) but this test meal was on point — as to be expected. The Trader wouldn’t lead me astray.
- Frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- Habanero and Lime Salsa
- Cuban Style Black Beans
- Vidalia Onion
- Green Peppers
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (seasoning on veggies)
- Organic Avocado (from Mexico, of course)
- Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- And of course a Trader Jose’s light Cerveza
I did hit my first snag… I spent $60 at the grocery store, not the $40 I had budgeted… but I stocked up on meat, so I think I can make up the $20 overage in the next two weeks…. We shall see.